OUR PAST AND PRESENT ACTIVITIES IN EAEF, SINCE 2010.
Esther Anyanwu Empowerment Foundation since its inauguration on the 6th of August, 2010, has been able to make remarkable impacts in the lives of some youths, poor widows and less privileged children in Nigeria, especially in Imo state where it is situated. We have been able to undertake the following activities:
1. We set up a sewing institute where some widows learn tailoring skills, while some are now gainfully employed as fashionistas and designers in Imo state, Nigeria. More women are undergoing training presently.
2. From the proceeds of our sewing institute, Esther Anyanwu Empowerment Foundation donates funds to widows to enable them set up different small scale businesses for themselves; like grocery shops, fruit shops, dry fish businesses, salons, fashion and designing outfits, and more. (These events are seen on YouTube, some of our newspaper publications, and pictures on our website eaefreachyourdream.org)
3. We set up a dry cleaning and laundry outfit called “The Golden Child Dry Cleaning” where some indigent youths were gainfully employed in Owerri, Imo state, Nigeria.
4. From the proceeds of the dry cleaning and laundry outfit, EAEF gave and still gives scholarship awards to some indigent students in Nigeria, to enable them complete their primary and secondary school education. (These events are seen in YouTube, some of our newspaper publications, and pictures on our website eaefreachyourdream.org)
5. Some youths in Imo state earn their living through the distribution and marketing of the large quantities of bed covers and blankets sewn by the widows in EAEF sewing institute. These goods are distributed mainly in hotels located within and outside Imo state, Nigeria.
6. EAEF trains a number of young ladies in hairdressing who today own their hair dressing salons and earn their living. More ladies are undergoing training presently.
7. EAEF trains some youths in telephone repairs in order for them to earn their living through telephone repairs in Imo state.
8. EAEF also trains some young ladies in baking and catering services. Some of these ladies now run their own food shops within and outside Imo state, Nigeria.
9. The foundation trains a number of youths in photography and video coverages. Some of these youths now earn their living by getting contracts to cover events during different occasions within and outside Imo state, Nigeria.
10. Esther Anyanwu Empowerment Foundation also set up a crèche located at No. 35 Lakenwaebere street Aladinma Housing Estate Owerri, where career mothers dropped their children daily for baby sitting at reduced rates.
11. EAEF trained a number of children and youths in basketball and dance classes, especially students from Ikenegbu Girls’ Secondary School, Owerri, Imo state, Nigeria.
12. EAEF Sweden organises various dance classes and sport activities for interested chidren and youths, especially the immigrant children and youths in Sweden.
13. Esther Anyanwu Empowerment Foundation (EAEF) Sweden organises regular movies acting activities for interested children and youths, especially the immigrant children and youths in Sweden.